Backes R&S, LLC
Indoor & Outdoor Living
- A pergola can add definition to your backyard. You can create an entertainment lounge or a dining area, which is profound, especially if you do not have a deck or patio. If you want a definite purpose in your outdoor area, a pergola is the perfect solution.
- You can add additional garden space in your outdoor area with a pergola. You can hang plants from the boards and create a gorgeous garden in the air. A pergola is also appropriate for plants like clematis, honeysuckle, ivy, wisteria, and grape vines as they grow from the ground up and can create a beautiful natural ceiling as they intertwine themselves in the boards.
Pergola & Deck Combo
- If you do not like being on display when you are enjoying your outdoor space, you should get a pergola. Although it is an open structure, you can create privacy by adding drapes, latticework, or screens to one side of the pergola.
- A pergola can give you a beautiful shaded area where you can enjoy the summer day without worrying about sunburn. If you have a natural roof made of climbing flowers, you instantly get an outdoor lounge where you can relax. There are also pergolas that have an optional canopy that you can open and close as needed.
- Built-ins are a very special type of furniture. They could be considered the opposite of free-standing furniture. The main characteristic of built-in furniture is that is allows you to create that smooth transition between spaces and that coherent décor that makes your home feel airy. Built-in furniture looks like a part of the house itself and this allows it to beautifully blend in for an overall minimalist appearance.
- Built-ins come with several other advantages. They blend in into the décor rather than standing out and this makes them suitable for minimalist contemporary interiors. And because of that, a large built-in piece of furniture can look more slender and smaller than a free-standing one with the same dimensions.
- Smaller rooms can greatly benefit from a floor-to-ceiling shelving unit. If you’re cramped for space, dedicate a wall to a new built-in bookcase or some free-floating shelves. Once you have your new shelving up, reorganize the things in your space to house the majority of your items on the shelves, which will free up some room for furniture and movement.
- Shelves provide the best space for you to put your personality on display—front and center. Share the items that reflect your interests and hobbies by choosing the perfect shelf to complement your living room and collectibles.
Fire Pit Benches
- If you’re having a party, or a family gathering and you want to stay outdoors, having a fire pit can become something really handy to keep everybody warm. Also, depending on the fire pit design that you choose, it gives a very cozy feeling to everyone!
- You don’t need a lot of people around to feel the coziness of having a fire pit. You can sit with your significant other and gaze at the stars, drink your Napa Valley wine and feel the warmth of your fire pit. If you’re more daring and want to multitask, you can even buy a grill and cook in your fire pit.
Deck & Bench Combo
- I think it’s very fair to say that not a lot of houses have a fire pit place in their backyards, so if there’s a moment in which you decide to sell your house, having a fire pit gives more value to your property, and makes it stand out from others.
- To maximize the atmosphere that a fire can bring to any event, other elements such as seating need to be taken into consideration. A cozy built-in seating area or a sunken bench nestled next to a designated fire area can help provide the right environment for snuggling up and enjoying the relaxing warmth available from this amenity. Building deck benches is a great way to enhance your space. They offer a place for people to sit. They can act as a replacement for railings on a low level deck and really define the deck perimeter.
Backes R&S, LLC
1325 Smiley Lane
Columbia, MO 65202
Phone: (573) 446-1903
Monday - Friday : 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday : Closed
" Just wanted to
Oh, and Betsy says Hi! "
We Accept All Major Credit Cards, Checks, and Cash Payments.
All design and content Copyright © 2017 Backes R&S, LLC., Backes Remodeling, Chris Backes All rights reserved